CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

GO COUGS!!!!

Happy Apple Cup! May the best team win (duh, WSU!)!

Friday, September 28, 2007

Are we out of our Gourds?




Man, what a week! I tell ya!

I've been working 10-11 hours a day. I've got neuroscientists up my ass, way too much shit to do and a dog who just can't get rid of his fleas. Everyone is annoying me. Everyone is annoying.

I leave the house at or before 6:30am to get to work sometime around 7. I left work at 6:45pm the other night and for some unknown reason there was still a shitload of traffic. So I'm stuck behind this truck blowing enough exhaust at me that if I were to breathe on a living creature in the next month I'll give it carbon monoxide poisoning. This truck has no less than 4 middle aged men crammed into it and was peppered with Bush/Cheney stickers. It also has a "Proud Infidel" bumper sticker. Nice. The script mimics Arabic. Awesome. The coolest thing about the vehicle singularly responsible for bringing down the ozone? The sticker in the middle of the tailgate: Terrorist Hunting Permit. Made to look just like the real thing. What the hell are these rednecks doing in Seattle? I was waiting for the bastards to jump out of the truck and shoot me, but they probably thought I was Mexican. It's a good thing there were no fences around to throw me over.

It does seem that the world balances, however. Look what was outside my work the next morning. They appear every year, and every year people gather around the gourds to read their messages and maybe even contemplate and take them to heart (or not). At any rate, people take pause and some even smile. It cheered me up and I hope it does the same for you.



2 comments:

Danielle said...

I hope that you have a traffic, redneck, stress and toxin free weekend!

Karen said...

I love the gourds. There is something on the streets of Tacoma outside of my office that makes me smile every time I see it...it's a blue unicorn painted on the sidewalk. Small, uninvasive, but makes me happy every time I see it...so much so that one of my coworkers bought me s really cheesey 80s unicorn poster (with a kitty on it!)...of course, I have it hanging in my office now and it occasionally gives out free advice via post-it note.